I think deep down we all know that used is the better way. Traditionally, it’s been time consuming — let’s change that!
The vast majority of us care about climate change and the future effects on the planet. But it’s hard to know where to start making positive change. Let’s share resources within our parent community to save us all time, money and the planet.
How to get started:
- Go to your order form and enter the items you’re in need of this fall.
- We’ll start the search for what you need within the community. If you find it first – great – cancel. If we do, we’ll drop it off.
- Orders are fulfilled on a first-ordered-first-served basis.
- Priority is also given to those participating in the trade-in program (more on this below).
- When we have your gear ready, we’ll arrange a drop-off.
- You will only be charged once we fulfill as much of your order as we can.
Turn used gear into something useful!
While we’re not exactly sure where we stand on the whole Marie Kondo thing, we do know that it usually feels great to clear old things out.
We all do the same things every year: We all acquire larger pairs of skates, snow pants, winter coats & fall jackets – for each child! It’s a lot of work and a lot of mental space. And while we’re assembling the new batch of stuff, we need to find ways to get rid of the old batch!
We’re here to help you turn last year’s fall gear into credits towards something new.
How to get started:
- Go to your trade-in dashboard (from the app or from this link) and schedule a gear pick up.
- Pickups happen between 9AM and 5PM Monday – Saturday.
- You leave your gear for us (outside your place, in the lobby, at a local establishment or a friend’s house), and we swing by and pick it up when we’re in your neighbourhood.
- We’ll triage your things and give you a small credit for them. (This credit will be less than if you had listed it yourself or driven it to a trade-in store — but you’re getting the convenience of having it managed for you!)
- You can use that credit on:
- Purchasing this year’s new-to-you gear
- Babysitting hours through the Datenight Babysitting
- A Donation of credits to those in need of gear or babysitting
Who is this service for?
This service is likely not the best fit for:
- The go-getters who already list their things on Kijiji — you’re already ahead of the game (but you can certainly still use it!)
- Those into maximizing the amount you get for each item — this service prioritizes convenience (but you can certainly still try it out!)
This service will likely be a good fit for those who:
- Have a bag of used clothing in their trunk
- Have a pile of used things in the hallway
- Still have skates from 2 years ago that no longer fit anyone
- Have been meaning to donate a bunch of things for 2 months
- Are time crunched, with too much on your plate
- Have a high-powered career and need a little personal assistance
- Don’t have a process for moving their used gear out of their houses
What we collect:
While we’ll collect everything kid-related, credits will only be given for items that have a re-sale value. The most credits will be given for:
- Ski boots
- Snow pants
- Winter coats
- Fall coats
- Dress-up outfits
- Hallowe’en costumes
We’re a small outfit: we cannot provide credits for things that we can’t pass along to others. It is up to HELM.life’s discretion the number of credits given per item and we cannot return anything for which no credits are awarded.